Sunday, January 31, 2010

Baby Quilt for Karlie

Shortly after finishing my first Summer Quilt, the family received some wonderful news- Sarah was expecting another baby girl!





As soon as I found out that this new baby was definitely a girl, I was out to the store for fabric! My sister loves bright cheerful colors, which made mixing and matching fabrics a lot of fun. I fell in love with the bright pink rose fabric, so chose some white floral, daffodil yellow, checkered pink and green floral to complement it. For the backing, I chose the sweetest soft white flannel with tiny baby pink roses, hoping that the quilt could have a "bright" side and a "calm" side. For this quilt, I decided to go with a simple square pattern of alternating fabrics and tie quilting. For basic quilting instructions, see my Summer Quilt post.

I decided to surprise Sarah for Christmas with Karlie's quilt, not realizing how much work I still had to finish. Next thing I knew, I was on my way to the Keys with an un-quilted quilt!





I packed my needle and quilting thread and cracked down on the several hour drive. Thank goodness for mini-scissors! :)










Around mile marker 40, the quilt was finally finished! Completed with Karlie's name hand-embroidered in bright pink, I hope Karlie gets lots of use from her pink quilt made with love from Aunt Jodi.

No comments:

Post a Comment